THE BEST ECOLOGICAL BASIS FOR A COMFORTABLE HOME
Hemp lime is an environmentally friendly building material that uses only a fraction of the energy required by traditional building materials. Lime hemp also absorbs CO2 during the curing process. It has excellent insulation properties and meets the demand for healthy and energy-efficient living. Hemp lime therefore offers an excellent basis for a suistainable building.
We have developed a production line for prefab hemp lime panels. This production line can be used to make façade, roof and floor panels with dimensions of up to 6 by 3 metres. The panels are pressed in the factory, which guarantees consistent quality and detailed production. After a drying period of 3 months, we deliver the panels to the construction location so the house can be assembled.
A SMART PREFAB BUILDING SYSTEM
Thanks to the prefab panels, a house can be built in such a way that it is windproof and watertight within one week. The innovative design ensures thermal bridges are avoided. The panels can be pre-wired and come with cut-outs for frames as well, which is a very handy feature. This will save you a lot of time.
Lime hemp panels can also be easily utilised in a traditional construction method. For example, they can be used for the insulation of the roof, inner walls and floors.
FREEDOM IN DESIGN
Thanks to our unique production system, we can tailor our panels to any desired home design. Lime hemp panels can be used in low-rise and high-rise buildings; from a small shed to a large commercial property.
See our brochure for more information.
THE KEY BENEFITS
- A hemp house is 100% vapour-permeable, with natural regulation of humidity and air quality. A naturally healthy indoor climate that regulates itself, without condensation Natural defence mechanism against pests and fungi. Foils and balanced ventilation systems are no longer necessary.
- High thermal insulation values: wall panels (RC value 5.7), roof panels (RC value 6.7). High sound insulation value (RW value 52 dB) at a thickness of 40 cm.
- Very low thermal effusivity: the house stays cool in summer and warm in winter. This means a cavity wall is no longer necessary.
- There are 14 tonnes of CO2 stored in a 120 m2 hemp house. This is twice as much as a timber frame house.
HIGH FIRE RESISTANCE
- A 300 mm hemp lime wall has a WBDBO (Resistance to fire penetration and flashover) of 73 minutes.
- At least 60% lighter than concrete. Much lighter foundation required. This contributes to less materials used and less damage to the soil.