MORE THAN 25 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN THE HEMP INDUSTRY
We grow more than 1,300 hectares of industrial hemp fibre on open ground every year. Our professional and experienced team manages the entire process, from seed to harvest. We are proud of the innovations we have developed over the years to increase sowing and harvesting capacity and efficiency. This has resulted in yields of up to 12 tonnes of dry material per hectare.
HARVESTING MACHINE HEMP BULL
As new markets have emerged over the years, we have developed harvesting technologies such as the “Hemp Bull”. This harvesting machine can do two jobs: it can harvest the leaves and cut the straw at the same time. Innovations in on-site primary processing and efficient processing using purpose-built agricultural machinery mean we have significantly reduced crop costs and improved the quality of the raw material.
HEMP – A SUSTAINABLE CROP
Hemp is a very sustainable crop to grow:
- We grow the plant without pesticides
- Hemp does not need extra watering
- Hemp is a very fast-growing crop (up to 6 centimetres per day on average).
- The plant has a very high CO2 intake per hectare
- In addition, hemp has deep roots, which improves the soil structure. This makes hemp very well suited as a rotational crop to the benefit of the next crop.
- Hemp is therefore regarded by the government as a “greening crop”.
Industrial hemp, also called “hemp fibre”
We use EU-approved and registered varieties for the cultivation of our industrial hemp fibre. These varieties have absolutely no psychoactive effect, but deliver sustainable and healthy products. This hemp is completely legal to grow. The government checks our hemp fields every year.